While historically, there have been serious issues with pesticides and their impact on the environment.
The past several decades have seen massive changes that minimize the dangers to wildlife and habitat. These include:
- Bans on harmful pesticides
- Strict regulations on the use and application methods of pesticides
- Formulations of new and more environmentally-friendly pesticides designed to be more targeted in order to reduce adverse impacts
- Requirements that only licensed pest control professionals may apply certain
- Greater research and Increased understanding pest control tools
Government regulators, industry and consumers are acutely aware of the need to apply pesticides responsibly in a way that balances the need to combat dangerous pests while protecting the environment.